We are forever on a journey to be more healthy, more compassionate and do less harm, so we are thrilled to work with Compassion Over Killing as they present DC VegFest 2017 on Saturday, Sept. 2 from 11am-6pm in the nation’s capital. A free festival hosted outdoors at DC’s beautiful Yards Park, DC VegFest is the largest vegan celebration on the East Coast, and this year’s event features an exciting lineup of renowned speakers including:
- US Congressman Jamie Raskin, Representative from Maryland’s 8th District
- David Carter, former NFL player and “The 300 Pound Vegan”
- Miyoko Schinner, CEO/Founder of Miyoko’s Kitchen, author of “Artisan Vegan Cheese”
- Grey, vegan rapper
- Doron Petersan, owner of DC’s Sticky Fingers Sweets & Eats and FareWell
- Ruby Lathon, holistic nutritionist
- Eddie Garza, author, “¡Salud! Vegan Mexican Cookbook”
More than 20,000 festival-goers – vegans and pre-vegans alike – are expected to attend this free event featuring expert chefs whipping up culinary creations on the main stage; an active Kids’ Zone; live music; food vendors (many offering free food samples); a beer garden, and so much more.
Dogs are welcome (must be leashed) in our shaded Barking Lot sponsored and operated by the Humane Rescue Alliance, which will also have adoptable animals on site.
Delicious plant-based cuisine will be dished out by dozens of restaurant and food vendors, including Vegan Treats, Busboys and Poets, Amsterdam Falafelshop, Treeline Treenut Cheese, MOM’s Organic Market, YogiDog, Mompops, Roots Market, and more.
The first 1,000 attendees will get a free commemorative tote bag, loaded with gifts from our top sponsors!
For more info, visit DCVegFest.com and use #DCVegFest17 to follow along on social media.